If you’ve listened to the show before, you’ve probably heard me talk about affiliate marketing. But what about the other side? What if you have a product—like a course or a new book—that you own and you want other people to promote it? How do you find those people? What should their commission be? Learn the answer to these questions and more with today’s special guest Matt McWilliams.
Every time I’ve done a joint affiliate promotion over the last few years, Matt’s been there. In fact, he’s been behind some of the largest collaborative affiliate promotions I’ve ever been a part of. He’s helped promote Michael Hyatt’s products and a few others too, helping them make millions of dollars in the process. He’s here today to tell you how to find people to become affiliates for your products, even if you’re just getting started. (And if you are just getting started, Matt has a special challenge for you, so make sure you listen to the end!) He’s also delving into a whole array of strategies and nitty-gritty tactics for starting your affiliate program and making the most of the affiliate relationships you create.
Even if you don’t have any products to sell yet, this episode will have you primed to take advantage of that process in the future. Working with affiliates is one of the best strategies for growing your online business, and it can be as fun as it is rewarding. Let’s dive in!
Check out Matt’s free report for finding affiliates for your business at MattMcWilliams.com/spi.
If you haven’t subscribed yet, please do, and be sure to check out the archives for more great episodes. You can subscribe via iTunes right here.
A lot of listeners have been asking me about how to start a podcast. If you’re wondering too then you’re in luck, because I have a free, three-day mini course that will get you up and running! Podcasting is an amazing way to share a message and connect with more people—it’s been life changing for me. Just go to HowtoStartaPodcast.com to get started!
Today have a special announcement. If you haven’t heard, it’s been ten years since I got let go from my job, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I celebrate Let Go Day every year, and this year I’m launching something special: A Kickstarter campaign for the first ever hardcover, coffee table-style edition of Let Go. This book is all about my journey from getting let go to becoming an entrepreneur. Most importantly, it’s about letting go of who you thought you were supposed to be and moving forward. For anyone looking for a boost of energy, you can grab the hardcover edition in this campaign. You can also get a special limited edition of the book, tickets to my first ever live event next year, access to me as a coach or speaker, and more! Check that out at SmartPassiveIncome.com/tenyears.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download our mobile app.
Special thanks to Matt McWilliams for joining me this week. Until next time!
- How Matt McWilliams went from golf instructor to affiliate marketing expert.
- How to start your affiliate marketing program without spending a penny.
- The easiest way to find affiliates for your product or service.
- What (beyond a link) to provide to your affiliates.
- What to do if there's no affiliate program automatically connected to your product.
- What to pay your affiliates, and why affiliates are essential for your business's growth.
- How to encourage your affiliates to promote heavily and effectively in a short time period.
- Why the lead up time to a launch is the most important for affiliate strategies.
- Why Matt and his team are using more direct mail leading up to launches (rather than email).
- The biggest mistakes you can make with your affiliates (and how to avoid them).
- Why you should share testimonials and results with your affiliates, and more!