Affiliate marketing isn’t just for recommending hosting companies or your favorite company on Amazon. Today I’m talking to Ben Sullins, the founder of Teslanomics. He tuned into the signals his YouTube channel was giving him, making a complete pivot into the Tesla space and creating a successful online business. And, he was able to refer so many people to Tesla (sixty-seven purchased Teslas!) that he actually won a brand new Tesla Roadster!
Ben’s story is one of a kind. He started with a career in data science—consulting with Silicon Valley giants like Facebook and Mozilla—while creating online courses in the meantime. Eventually he decided he wanted more flexibility and time when it came to his income, so he left his corporate career behind. What happened next was a surprising pivot for Ben—one video led to a complete shift in his YouTube channel and a successful online business. This is an amazing story packed with awesome takeaways that you can apply back to your own online entrepreneurship journey. Let’s get started!
In my interview with Ben, we’re talking about how he got into the YouTube space, and how he was able to grow his followers so successfully. As many of you know, I’m going to be getting deep into the YouTube space starting in February. If you haven’t already, please subscribe to my channel! I’m going to be releasing several videos per week that will help you grow your online business.
Next week, I’m going to be sharing what I’ve learned about coaching in preparation for AskPat 2.0. Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss it!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download our mobile app.
Special thanks to Ben for joining me this week. Until next time!
- Why Ben left a rewarding, 18-year corporate career behind.
- How Ben entered the Tesla space on YouTube.
- How YouTube's algorithm helped Ben release a video with 200,000 views in a week.
- Why production quality isn't the defining factor in the YouTube algorithm.
- How a love of data science helped inform Ben's business decisions.
- How Ben plans his content in advance.
- Why Ben feels that YouTube is where he belongs.
- How Ben's YouTube channel translates in terms of business and money.
- How Ben interacts with his viewers and subscribers outside of YouTube.
- What Ben learned from launching TeslaCon—his online summit.
- How Ben boosted his Tesla referrals, won a Roadster, and more!